Friday, May 28, 2010

Curves II

It is amazing how a couple of slight changes could make such a huge difference in the quality of the image. I still do not profess to have great photography skills but this picture came out really well. The colors are really close. Once I have a tripod to use the hope is that the pictures will become crisper.

This piece is called "Curves II", acrylic on bristol board, 10"x13".

Sketching today went ok but no work was done on my artist statement. I have a feeling it is because I really don't want to do one. I want my work to speak for itself....haha I sound like every artist who ever lived! No matter, I will continue to work on it since it is an integral piece in the business of art. I read a great article that talked about the artist statement as well a number of other items to keep in mind when pursuing an art career. Hopefully, I can find it again. I'll add the link to it here and will also reread it since it deserves to be read again, in my opinion.

Well, that is all for now. The house needs to get cleaned up so we are ready for our holiday weekend adventures. Nothing big planned but lots of little things to do which will make it a busy weekend. With that said, I am going to give myself a mini vacation from my blog so next post will be on Tuesday. Happy Memorial Day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment