Monday, May 3, 2010

Fabulous Art Day


Today was a wonderful art day. I spent 3 hours in a life drawing class at the Garrison Art Center GAC). The model was fantastic, the only drawback for me was that she wasn't pregnant or voluptuous. However, she knew how to pose which is a feat in itself. So if you ever take a life drawing class at the GAC and you get a model named "Molly", be grateful.

It did take me a bit to get into the groove of the class since it has been so long since I took an art class. The nice thing about this class was that you were left to do what you wanted which was fine by me. The group was welcoming and I met a couple of talented individuals. In same ways looking at their works made me feel very inadequate but I had to remind myself of my goal in taking the class. The aim is not to perfect life drawing but to get exposure to a model to enhance the sketches and paintings I already do.

Most of my sketches from today are incomplete but I do have a number of them that I am very happy with. I will see if I can get a couple of good shots and then post them to my facebook page as an album.

Here is one that I took a moment to add some color to. It is called "Reclining", pencil and pastel on paper. Enjoy.

Check out http://www.facebook.com/pages/GarnetOriginals/277005384811 for more works from today's adventure to GAC.

No comments:

Post a Comment