Monday, May 10, 2010

Two Works to Share



Somedays are just really good art days and today was one of those days. This morning I did a pastel and this afternoon I finished the acrylic painting I have been working on. It felt so good to see the works come together especially after feeling so blah earlier today.

So the works for today are "Eye", pastel on paper, 9"x12" and "Coupled", acrylic on bristol, 11"x14".

The pastel piece came together very quickly from the initial sketch to the completed piece. It just spoke to me right from the beginning and I am so happy with the outcome.

On the other side of the spectrum is Coupled. I fought with the background on it an never thought I would finish. I actually started it sometime last week and it has taken this long to finish. I would expect a decent amount of time if the work was oil but normally my acrylic paintings just seem to move much faster. Well, this work is the exception but I do have to say I am pleased with it. The colors work and it has movement.

It is very interesting as I look at the pieces together. Though different they have a very similar feel to them.

Well I hope you enjoy today's installment. I would love to hear your thoughts so please send me a comment or two...love it, hate it, couldn't care one way or the other.

Until tomorrow (which I hope is as productive as today).


No comments:

Post a Comment