Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Blooming

Rain rain go away...

It looked like it was going to be a no-art day. The rain had me blue and I have been working on revising my resume in order to apply to teaching positions. Also, I spent the morning doing an errand with my sister and then going to field day which was held inside. Some mommy I am...I missed my girl's class, ugh!

But anyway once my favorite little artist got home from school and had her snack she wanted to go in the art room. So in we went and as it turned out it was not a no-art day :-)

Being unsure of what I really wanted to do I used a sketch from last week and created an acrylic painting. I decided not to follow my normal process of tapping the paper for clean edges and just let the paint fade into the paper. I tend to do that a lot these days when I am working with pastels but hadn't tried it with painting. I have to say I am not unhappy with the outcome.

So today's work is called "Blooming" (I will be correcting the title on the piece), acrylic on bristol board, approximately 8"x8".

Yesterday was not a creating day but turned out to be a good art day in that I dropped two pieces off at the Greenpoint Gallery in Brooklyn for their Salon Show this Friday, 5/21. Details are available at http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=120763491287381&index=1. If you are in the area stop on in, they have a lot of great work entered into the exhibit.

So until tomorrow and happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment