Thursday, May 20, 2010

Flora

Today was a pastel day, this piece was created from a sketch I did last week. I am not quite sure I like it but I did like how absorbed my little artist and I got in working on our art today.

For me the piece is unbalanced. However, in nature things are not always balanced and perfectly symmetrical which many times adds to the beauty of flowers, plants and trees. So with that said I put this piece out there for your review.

One thing I have found is that I am using colored pastel paper more and more. In fact, I have pretty much gone through my supply so my little artist and I will be going to the art supply store tomorrow. Colored paper adds a whole different feel to the work but as I look at this piece I am wondering if it would be more vibrant if it had been done on white paper... Perhaps tomorrow I will create a pastel on plain paper but then again I think tomorrow may be a painting day.

The piece is call "Flora", pastel on paper, 12"x18".

Happy Thursday to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment