Thursday, May 13, 2010

New Oil Painting in the Works


Today was a half day at school, well more like a quarter day if you ask me, and after school my favorite little artist had a party. BTW, it was a lovely dance party and she had a blast. So we did have a pretty busy day but after the party my little artist wanted to go into the art room. Since she received a good report from her teacher today, her listening was much better, she was allowed back in.

She checked out my completed oil painting and gave it a thumbs up. We then tested to see if it was dry so I could move it. As I was hanging up the painting on the wall (I rotate my artwork in the house periodically) she took a new canvas and unwrapped it and said I needed to do another panting. Also, she knew instantly what she wanted to do, reproduce my picture from yesterday :-) So I showed her how to use the tracing paper to get the image to show up on her paper. We then spent the rest of the afternoon painting in my studio. And since my little artist did a great job, her work is showcased on today's post.

My new piece is an adaptation of one of the pastel I did this week. The original sketch was modified since it just didn't fill out the canvas well. Also, I am experimenting with colors, I am using ones I normally don't and limiting myself to four. However, I do reserve the artistic right to add more if the piece isn't working.

Oh, before I forget...I will most likely do another salon show at the Greenpoint Gallery in Brooklyn (we love Brooklyn, no sarcasm). So if you are in Brooklyn on Friday, 5/21, stop on in and take a look. At this time, I think I will be showing XO and Coupled.

Well, here's to another great day of art. Check back tomorrow to see what else is new.


No comments:

Post a Comment