Saturday, May 1, 2010

Rollercoaster

What a great day to draw outside! Today's piece is called Rollercoaster, pastel on paper, 9"x6".

The piece is called rollercoaster since that is what my girl thinks it looks like. I am not sure if I really like this piece or not. I like the flow of the lines but I am not sure it really came together with the colors. In part I think this has to do with my trying to do two things at once...create this piece and watch my girl. There were more starts and stops to the piece then any others I have worked on. I may revisit it at a later date but for today this is what we have.

The big decision to be made within the next little bit is whether to get myself together to go to the reception at the CCCP Gallery. I think I'd like to but not sure if I am really in the mood to socialize. Well I have a little time before making my decision since as long as I leave here by 6pm I am fine. I wonder if my girl would want to join me or is an art opening a bit much for a four year old? It does end by 8 and it is not a school night...decisions, decisions, decisions...

Decision - I am going to take her. She will get a kick out of it!

Revised decision - I did not take her. Unfortunately, being four she got into things she is not supposed to touch so the consequence was being put right to bed which meant she could not go with me.

I did go and it was interesting. Not a lot of people and not a lot of artwork on the walls. Each artist represented had about 3-5 piece displayed. My work was in a back gallery and spanned two walls, 3 pieces on one side and two on the other. Not so bad, i just hope people walk back there. So goodnight for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment