Thursday, May 6, 2010

Excellent Studio Time

Somedays, time in the studio is quite excellent. The only downside was that my little artist was in school so I was alone. However, it did give me a chance to move my easel and clean up from my oil painting. Also, I was able to begin painting my new acrylic piece. It is part of my tree series and so far it looks good.

The piece is more complex then others I have done which is interesting. Having more time to work out details has made a huge difference in how the pieces work. I still like the simplicity of clean lines which the piece has, which I guess is a contradiction to it being more complex but once complete I think you will see what I mean.

So, hopefully tomorrow I will be able to post the completed piece. Till then...

No comments:

Post a Comment