Saturday, May 22, 2010

I love to paint!

What a wonderful, fun filled day! And best of all got to have some quality time with my favorite little artist both in and out of the studio.

I worked on my latest oil painting. It started out as a tree but has morphed into something else...not quite sure what though hahaha. Anyway, it is a fun experiment in forcing myself to use colors I normally wouldn't use. It is really interesting how tough it is not to use blue, which is one of my favorite colors. I am also not using red. The work is pink, brown, orange and a tan looking yellow. It is going to be interesting to see how it turns out. It is just about completed, probably about two more days of work and it should be done. However, the days won't be consecutive since the paint needs to dry a bit before I work on it some more. It is annoying when the colors get muddied.

The one thing I didn't do when I started was to take pictures through the entire painting process. It was fun when I did that with Universe Mother...Oh well, maybe next time.

Have a fantastic w/e!

No comments:

Post a Comment