Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Work in Progress - Getting Closer


Well I am getting closer to a finished painting since I returned to working on my oil painting. It is starting to come alive. There is still a lot of work to be done on it but I am happy with the progress.

I am struggling with the center area which you can probably tell. That is why I opted to stop working on it for today so I can take a step back and decide what I want to do. It will also give the paint some time to set so I don't end up with muddied colors which is what was happening.

I will be excited when this addition to the Mother series is done. An oil painting is a time consuming undertaking but one that is worth the time and effort. Whether you are an abstract artist, a realist or somewhere in-between the satisfaction of completing an oil painting is the same. I am sure there are artists out there who would disagree and to them I say...to each their own.

So the only downside to working in oils today is that my hands are a bit discolored. I am not always so neat and cleaning brushes is a hands on task. I am hoping a little nail polish remover will remove the last remnants paint before my interview tomorrow. However, if they hire me it won't be the last time that they see me with paint on my hands.

Happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment