Sunday, April 25, 2010

Mayday! - Mayday!

I know I posted this morning and most likely I will post later tonight if/when I complete today's work but since this is my blog I figured I can post as much or as little as I want.

I took seven pieces with me to the C.C.C.P. Gallery today since I wasn't sure exactly what the curator would need. Based on my communications with him I figured he would pick three, maybe four, pieces to exhibit. I was so thrilled when he chose five!! Mother's Soul shown here is one of the pieces. I have to say, she framed up beautifully!

The group show, called Mayday! - Mayday!, is scheduled to run for a full month. The gallery is an actual storefront in Brooklyn and the opening reception is on May 1st. I am so excited! it would be great if a piece sold through the show.

One thing I did realize is that the two acrylic pieces are what grabbed the curator first, so I am going to make an effort to do at least two acrylic paintings each week.

Well until later when I post a new piece or perhaps an excuse on why I haven't posted a new piece. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment