Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mine

Today's piece is a very small acrylic painting called "Mine", 3"x5".

I am not sure why I made this so small. It is just a sweet little drawing. In fact it is the first in the Mother series that has an arm. I wasn't sure how an arm would look or work but I am happy with it. The colors were chosen with the help of my favorite little artist, who by the way, always chooses purple. I do like purple and green together. I am not 100% happy with the way this turned out, one section bothers me and since I felt pulled in a number of directions while I tried to paint this I wasn't focused. So long story short, I didn't realize I didn't like a section until after I glazed the piece and then went to photograph it...ugh!

Let me know if there is a section that doesn't work for you...it will be interesting to see if it is the same section I am having issues with. But in the end I do think it is a sweet piece and I am happy I added the arm. Perhaps this is the beginning of a trend. However, i doubt I will ever add a head but that is an issue for another post.

Enjoy and have a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment