Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Curves

Finally! So it is not as easy as it seems to create a piece of artwork everyday. Life is just to unpredictable and believe it or not yesterday I just didn't want to create, I was in a funk. But today is totally different...I just want to hole up in my studio and keep working on my art!

Today's piece is called "Curves", pastel on paper, 12"x14". It is larger then some of my previous works. This has to do with the fact that I bought a larger sketchbook while in Lake Placid. I was frustrating myself by my sketches becoming to small.

This piece is done on colored paper and the areas that are not colored are just as important as the colored spaces. This piece is also a play on dark and light, similar to an earlier piece posted (Back) but this is more subtle I think.

I enjoyed creating this sketch and then having it come alive through color. I did the initial sketch at my sister's house as I babysat for her littlest guy. It is so rejuvenating to be around a little one. The innocence and laughter easily lifts your spirits. So between some time with a good little guy and knowing that my girl would be home from school shortly this piece came alive.

Here is to all the mommies out there...I know somedays these little loves can get on our last nerve but in the end what would we do without their small voices, easy smiles and tender love?

No comments:

Post a Comment