Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mother Chaos

So here is the first piece created since I posted my experiment this morning. The piece is called "Mother Chaos", it is pastel on paper, 6"x9" and is part of my Mother series. My intent is to submit it to an exhibit called "Incomplete Portrait of Chaos" but I need to find out what, if anything, the gallery charges to exhibit your work. So this piece is out there for your viewing pleasure.

The process for this piece was interesting. I actually did a google search on images of chaos. There is a lot out there. I also read a bit about chaos theory but from this morning to the afternoon I have retained nothing on the subject. But then again I didn't read too deeply.

All of my works start the same way, a simple drawing in my sketchbook. Today was a good creative day since I liked the sketch I did right away, which usually doesn't happen. Next came the determination of paper and since I cleaned/organized my studio I found that I have pastel paper in different colors. The other item I find invaluable is tracing paper. Some designs I will freehand over and over, others, such as the original sketch for Mother Chaos, it is easier to trace them out. Once the tracing is on the paper, I get to play with color which is my favorite part.

So here is my question to you...Do you see the "Mother" in the chaos?

1 comment:

  1. I found out that there is an entry fee for the exhibit but it is out of my budget...oh well.

    ReplyDelete