Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!

Well today is my birthday and no I am not going to tell you how old I am. HAHA

So far it has been a good day filled with lovely b-day wishes. I have participated in a webinar about being in "transition" which is a nice way of saying you are unemployed. It was a little too long for me but the facilitator was very good. But the good news if I heard back from another gallery in...you guessed it - Brooklyn. The universe seems to be sending me to Brooklyn these days. So the big question is can I pick out 3 pieces and have them ready for hanging so I can drop them off by tomorrow night? We shall see.

My plans for today are lunch with a friend and dinner with my family and somewhere in between to finish my piece from yesterday so I can post it. Maybe if I can finish it I will submit it as one of the pieces for the show this weekend. It is so strange, I have been creating art on/off for over 15 years but never really exhibited anywhere. Now, in the span of about 2 months I have participated in 4 group shows, if I can get together and do the show this weekend that makes 5. The best part is that many of these shows have either very low or no entry fees, which is great when you are a starving artist. What would be better is if one of my pieces sold. But for now I am happy to be part of the art world, sorry it took me so long to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment