Thursday, April 22, 2010

Contemplating

There is a canvas sitting on my easel with the beginnings of an oil painting. It has been there for months (literally). Everyday, when I enter my studio I look at it and wonder "when will you ask me to finish you?". I want to finish it but the feeling of the work is gone or so it seems. So at this moment I am contemplating...do I just paint over it and start fresh or perhaps take stab at reworking it? Maybe different colors and some fine-tuning of the lines will make me feel inspired. Stay tuned till tomorrow when I tackle this forgotten piece to see if I can bring it to life. Whether successful or not I will post a daily work-in-progress picture until the piece is done. Well maybe not daily, but for each day I work on it since I have a feeling I will do pastel drawings or acrylic paintings as I continue to work on this oil painting.

Here's to the power of the paintbrush!

No comments:

Post a Comment