Sunday, April 25, 2010

Getting Ready to drive to Brooklyn

Well, I was hoping to go to Brooklyn yesterday but it didn't work out. So today, in the rain, I get to make the trek. It is not as bad as you think as long as there is no traffic. However, in my opinion going to Brooklyn is like taking a trip to another country. It is so different from the suburb of Westchester that I live in. Part of me wishes that when I was younger I was more adventurous and explored the outer boroughs of NY... I wonder if it would have inspired me to stay with my dream of living and working as an artist. But it is never to late to chase a dream so today I will drive to Brooklyn to be part of a group show that lasts for a whole month...YEAH!! For now, I will enjoy being a mom, a wife and an artist until I finally find a job that pays the bills and gives health insurance. You can't escape reality but you can enjoy the rare chance that allows you to ignore it for a bit.

Enjoy this rainy Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment