Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bloom

Today's piece is called "Bloom", pastel on paper, 12"x9".

My favorite little artist wanted to know if it was someone's back. I love getting her feedback on my work...she definitely has her own opinions. For this piece, she likes it but not the line that goes down the middle.

This is one 0f the rare pieces I have done that is horizontal versus vertical. This piece is actually a crop of the original sketch. This was done for two reasons... 1. there was a part of the original sketch I did not like; 2. the paper I wanted to use was smaller than the size of the paper the original sketch was done on. Hopefully, you weren't looking for an artsy philosophical reason :-)

This piece is an adaptation of an earlier piece called "Back". I like to rework concepts to come up with a new sketch or piece. Somedays I actually feel obsessed by a certain subject matter and no matter what I do it will find its way into my sketch or painting or pastel. Then as quickly as it has possessed me then it goes or sometimes not...sometimes it just stays with me. Maybe it goes dormant for a bit then it pops back up.

So I say to you...feed your inner passion and desires since you never know where it may lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment