Thursday, April 29, 2010

No Sleep till Brooklyn!

Well not exactly but close. I had an interview in Brooklyn today which means I did not sleep most of last night. As much as I try I get very nervous before an interview which means no sleep the night before.

So most of yesterday and all of today was dedicated to preparing for the interview. I was glad to get some painting in yesterday, which was a much needed distraction. Today, however, no painting but I did get to sketch outside for a bit. The weather was very windy but warm and the sun felt so good. I said to my favorite little artist who was digging in the garden that we need the sun as much as the flowers do.

I normally don't share my sketches but since this is where my creative energies were spent today I have posted one. I am hoping to turn this one into an acrylic painting in the near future. It was inspired by the tree in my neighbor's front yard. I liked how the branches dipped and curved. This is in part because the tree is growing around the electrical wires.

Don't deny the creative part of yourself...it feeds your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment