Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mother's Soul

Today's piece is called Mother's Soul, it is acrylic on bristol board, 5"x7".

The sketch for this painting was actually done earlier in the week. And to be honest I wasn't sure if I was going to do it as a pastel or as a painting. However, since my daughter was out for the day I opted to paint.

The colors are earthy since that is how I am feeling today. It did feel a bit strange not to use blue or red since I normally favor those colors but today was about green, brown, orange, yellow. I even used unbleached white since it is softer than regular white. I did not fight with the colors and only had one section that I was concerned about the effect. But I let it be for awhile as I worked on other sections. Then slowly everything came together and when I looked at the painting it seemed to have a light radiating from its core, hence the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment