Saturday, April 17, 2010

Love Grows

Welcome to the weekend! Today's piece is called "Love Grows", pastel on paper, 9"x12".

The sketch for this piece was done yesterday and I liked how it combined "mother and tree". Two of my favorite subject matters. A number of years ago I did a large piece with a similar subject matter but I think I like this rendition better. Also, I created this piece on colored paper. I am really getting into using colored paper, it adds a different element to the piece and I find that I am not as compulsive about having "color" cover every inch of the paper.

Being in Lake Placid is very relaxing and even a simple trip to the grocery store has you surrounded by beautiful scenes. The trees and mountains of the Adirondack are amazing. Every time I come up here I feel as if I can breathe...it is a truly fabulous feeling.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment