Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Midnight Sky

Today is the first day of camp for my favorite little artist. I hope she likes it and has a fun time. The morning was just confusion and it didn't leave me feeling super confident but when I left her she was smiling and making a new friend. So I will take a breath...

Art has been slow for me over the last week but we did have a busy holiday weekend which was very nice. We were in Lake Placid and I began a painting there which I finished at home on Thursday, 7/1/10, however, I did not get a chance to post it yet. So here is the latest offering..."Midnight Sky", acrylic on bristol, 10"x13". It is a study in primary colors (red, blue, yellow) along w/black and white. Since I was in Lake Placid I only bought a handful of paints with me which happened to be the primary colors. It came out better than expected.

I am hoping this will be a good art week...it will be nice to get back into a creative groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment