Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Go Right

So far this is turning out to be a fabulous art week. I have painted 3 days in a row and also worked on the GO alphabet (see Now I Know my ABC's for more details).

Today's piece is called "Go Right", acrylic on bristol, 13"x18". This was a fun piece to sketch out and to paint. I am still experimenting with the retarder and so far it is a happy experiment. In case you don't know, retarder is a product that keeps acrylics "wet" so they are easier to work with. It slows the drying time down so it is easier to blend and work, at least I think it is easier. My big issue both yesterday and today is with my bristol board, for some reason when I remove the painters tape it is ripping the paper. I've been lucky that it hasn't ripped into the painting, well maybe it is more than luck since I score the edges before I remove the tape. Anyway, it is beyond annoying although if the pieces are framed you won't see it. However, I can also crop the paper and remove the damaged edges if I want...but not sure I want to do that just yet.

But the big news for today is that I spoke to the owner of a gallery in CT that my friend recommended. I am scheduled to meet with the owner on Friday, so if all goes well she will show my works. So check back for more information sometime on Friday.

That's all for now my friends (is there anyone out there? leave a comment or become a follower, I'd love to hear from you).

Oh, before I forget, my favorite little artist likes today's painting. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm here.
    I read your blog religiously. :)
    Keep up the good art! :)

    ReplyDelete