Friday, July 30, 2010

Gallery Hopping

Today was an adventure filled day. I visited four different art galleries near me. It would have been five but the last I couldn't find, oh well what can you do.

I had varied success as I made my rounds but I will say the most interesting conversations I had were at the Tappan Z Gallery (Tarrytown) and the Blue Door Gallery (Yonkers). The individuals I met there were warm and inviting as well as helpful. Especially, at the Blue Door Gallery, the representative took time and gave me all sorts of tidbits and good info regarding art in Yonkers. I am actually very impressed with how much Yonkers has going on as long as you know where to look. So here's to art networking in Yonkers! As for the artwork displayed at both galleries...beautiful! So if you are in the area stop in and take a look.

Other than feeling like I drove all over the place, it was wonderful to immerse myself in art from a spectator role. It has been so long that I had forgotten what an incredible experience it is to look at other artists' work. I have been to openings recently but there is really nothing like viewing works in a quiet atmosphere. Maybe I'll take a ride over to the Neuberger Museum of Art next week and maybe even the Katonah Art Museum. Oh, the artist in me is just tickled at the thought of looking at the exhibits.

Well, that is all for now. Have a wonderful w/e and happy creating!


No comments:

Post a Comment