Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Now I Know my ABC's...

Today, my friends, was a tough day. The sun is shining (perhaps a bit too brightly) but my mood was definitely blue. My job search is at a standstill, it seems I am not making much progress with selling/showing my art, my husband was the victim of identity theft and the icing on the cake...we experienced a power surge yesterday that has fried the fridge and stove. My instinct was to crawl back to bed and stay there. It was so hard to stay downstairs and force myself to search the web for job postings and then speak with my career counselor. But as luck would have it, and in this I am lucky, my wonderful friend was online. A simple hi to her and telling her I was sad helped to change the day. She knew just what I needed...a nudge to go work on my art. So into the studio I went...

It was hard at first to concentrate but slowly the creative instinct clicked in and the web of blues disappeared. I focused on my latest project which is to reproduce all the letters of the alphabet in a "garnetoriginals" way. I am past the halfway point in my endeavor having made it up to "O" before heading out to pick up my favorite little artist from camp. Right now they are simple b/w drawings but eventually each will be turned into a painting. The objective is to be able to mix and match the letters to recreate names or initials to be used as greeting cards. This project should keep me engaged for awhile and hopefully keep the blues from creeping back in.

The other thing that happened as I sketched away, I began to sing "Rain Drops Keep Falling on my Head" (be thankful you weren't around to hear, a singer I am NOT lol). So my friends I will leave you with a quote from the song:

But there's one thing I know
The blues they send to meet me won't defeat me
It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me
~BJ Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment