Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A New Work in Progress

I am trying to determine which I like better...the satisfaction of completing a piece or the excitement that comes from starting a new work?

Yesterday, I completed "June Woman" and felt so wonderful to see it completed. I love sharing it with all of you and telling you about it. Then today, I worked on fine tuning a sketch from my time at Garrison and then setting it up for painting. The underpainting is completed and I can't wait to begin to add the layers that will make it come alive. The creative process is powerful and exciting.

I could go on and on, back and forth, between the two all day but it would get redundant after awhile so I will stop here and just say...At the moment I complete a piece I think that is the best moment and at the moment I begin a new piece I think that is the best moment.

Have a great night and hopefully I will have a completed piece to share with you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment