Saturday, June 5, 2010

FINALLY...Quality Time in the Studio!

I am so happy to report that today I made it back into the studio. My favorite little artist and I spent a couple of hours just creating away. I have started a new acrylic painting and she did a pastel drawing. In fact, she took the tracing paper I had my latest image on and traced onto her paper. She then taped the edges so she would have crisp clean edges just like me! Although she opted for pastels over paints today it was still great to see her utilizing the techniques I use. I love how she is learning all of this just from being in the room with me.

We also took a trip to Brooklyn to pick up 5 of my pieces that were in a group show. I am disappointed that none of them sold but there is always next time. Coming up is the member show at the Kent Art Association so I need to decide what pieces to submit. Although I have to say my work fits so much better in Brooklyn then CT.

Tuesday I have an interview for a job in NYC. It is not art related but it is a creative company so that is always fun. Also, with so much of this week dedicated to my job search I have decided that Monday is going to be an art day. I am going to drive to Garrison after dropping my little artist at school and sit in on their life drawing class, then when I get home I am going to paint, YEAH!

Enjoy the weekend and hope this heat breaks soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment