Monday, June 14, 2010

Garrison

I finally made it back to the Garrison Art Center (GAC)! A lovely 3 hour life drawing class was the perfect way to kick off the week. The model was lovely, she made me think of a 1940's pinup girl. I struggled with many of the poses today, I am not sure why. It wasn't until I gave myself permission to just "draw" and not worry about perfection or realism that things started to come together. In the end I came away with a couple that I will turn into paintings.

In fact, I have already started working on the first painting. If all goes well I should be able to post here for your viewing pleasure tomorrow. I am experimenting with using a minimum amount of colors and still trying to stay away from my favorite color combinations.

Exhibit opportunities have seemed to slow down. Not as many listings or options on Craig's List as before. I am toying with the idea of contacting one of the galleries I showed in about their up coming July show but I am not sure if I want to drive out to Brooklyn. The Kent show will run through mid-July so that is pretty good but I doubt I will have any sales :-( I would love to exhibit locally but haven't found anything that works for me yet. Ideally, I'd like a non-gallery venue such as a cafe but there just really aren't any around here, at least not that I am aware of.

Well, I will keep painting away and eventually I will find the right spot and begin to sell.


No comments:

Post a Comment