Saturday, June 19, 2010

June Woman II

Going up to the Garrison Art Center (GAC) so feeds my creativity. Not only do I have a number of great drawings from my time up there, I also have created two paintings based on the drawings. This painting is called "June Woman II", acrylic on bristol, 8"x10".

It will be a couple of weeks before I get up to GAC again for their life drawing class but since my favorite little artist and I are thinking of going to Lake Placid it will work out well. Lake Placid also feeds my creative side. It is in part the landscape which is breathtaking but it is also that we are so relaxed at my cousin's house. And I do owe her a painting or pastel in the worst way since she just let's us crash with her sometimes at a moment's notice and many times with no end date given!

She loves angels and I did a sketch of one that I then recreated in pastel but it feels forced. Partly because I think my sketch is so cliche. So I think I am going to create a tree for her but with a twist...it is a thought and I am not sure how it will work but it will be better than the poor excuse for a drawing I did. In fact, I was so underwhelmed by it that I didn't even post it here.

My favorite little artist worked in the studio with me today. She wanted me to draw "June Woman II" on her paper so she could paint it just like me. As open as I am to feeding her creativity I just wasn't comfortable with my almost five year old doing a life drawing. However, the sketch of the angel i did was the perfect piece for her to work on. So we set her up and she created a beautiful acrylic painting based on the angel. She gave it her own touches and now we are just waiting for her to dry so we can gloss her. How we love gloss medium!

Well, I hope you enjoy today's piece. Till next time, enjoy the beautiful spring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment