Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Interview

Three days of preparation in anticipation for my interview today. The legwork was all worth it. I felt poised and confident and best of all I became familiar with the company's product enough to speak to it w/out sounding like an idiot. I also learned lots of interesting tidbits about the company as well. If/when I am hired I will announce where I interviewed but for now mums the word. However, I will say that it is a creative environment although I will not be working on the creative end.

The sad part about today was it has turned out to be a no-art day. Although part of me is saying the day isn't over yet so go grab your sketchbook! I am thinking I might since there really is no good excuse not too. In fact, as I am typing I am thinking why wouldn't I spend some time sketching now that my girl is in bed? I can't come up with a good reason so once I finish here I am headed to my studio to find my pencil and favorite sketchbook.

As for the interview, it was promising. I liked the atmosphere, I liked the people I met in passing and I liked the woman I interviewed with. My favorite part was when she told me she was looking for a partner in crime! Hopefully, no one will read too much into that phrase since it is a bit out of context here so you will just have to believe me that it was a positive thing. I am a bit concerned about the location but I will be able to drive to there as long as I can line up parking. So in the end it should be all good.

Thanks to those of you who sent positive thoughts and energy my way this morning, they definitely came in handy. Well, more tomorrow since I can hear my sketchbook yelling for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment