Friday, August 6, 2010

Opening Reception

Last night was the opening reception for the first juried show that one of my works was accepted to. I went solo and at first I thought I should have bought my husband and favorite little artist but quickly realized solo was the way to go. The evening was anti-climatic after how excited I was about being accepted. In a nutshell, it was a nice show. I may enter again in the future...

Today, was a "no art" day but a good day none the less. I got to meet up with a friend for coffee and conversation, which is a good break in the morning. I also went to the library today, haven't been there is years. Did you know library cards expire? Don't worry, neither did I. So now I have a new library card which came with a keychain tag. Two books for me, about 5 for my favorite little artist and I was on my way. My trip to the library is part of my attempt not to spend money needlessly. Borrowing a book for free beats paying for one.

The night ended with a lovely family dinner and now my favorite little artist and I are relaxing. Hopefully, tomorrow will see the beginnings of a painting.

Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment