Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tomorrow is Monday...

For someone with no job, I shouldn't dread Mondays but for some reason I do. Perhaps it is something that is just so ingrained in my psyche that I have yet to overcome it. This Monday showcases a meeting with my favorite little artist's teacher. We are only 12 days into the school year and already there is a problem... So needless to say, I am not feeling very confident in my parenting skills and to make matters worse we had a horrible Saturday but on the bright side we did have a good today. Maybe, I am not such a bad parent only time will tell. And there is always therapy if I really screw things up LOL! But my wonderful trusted friend gave me a pep talk (really a pep IM) so I think we will be ok.

But back to Mondays and the dread, could it be that Mondays signify the end of relaxation and just being? People are rushing off to work and children are trudging to school and the inevitable question is...Is it worth it? Why do we run ourselves into the ground? Do we really need a 5 bedroom house when we only have 1 child? Do we really need a flat screen TV in every room? Should a child be pushed to reach higher and higher academic levels all before the age of 6? These are just some of the many questions that run through my brain as I examine my own life and my dread of Mondays.

Here are a few more....Is not working so bad? Can we survive as a one-income family? Will not having granite countertops in my kitchen kill me? No it won't but having the expenses of a two-income family means one-income won't cut it, at least not right now. So, this Monday will also see a continuation of my job search but if I am lucky maybe I won't have to search too much longer and the joy of making art. I am hoping to create another piece for my "Green" series. That should chase the Monday blues away...

Till tomorrow my friends and happy creating!




No comments:

Post a Comment