Sunday, September 5, 2010

Cars, Cars and More Cars

Since I am unemployed, um, I mean in transition, there was no formal vacation this year. It was a real bummer since normally where we vacation is full of inspiration for me. So we kind of did a mini-vacation...an overnight in Parsippany, NJ. I know sounds super exciting now doesn't it?? Well, all sarcasm aside, it really is a good time if you like classic cars and the 50's. We spent two days at Lead East with family and friends. There are hundreds of classic cars to look at and lots of vintage items as well. I grew up with a car enthusiast for a Dad so cars are in my blood. My very first car was a 1964 Thunderbird, what I would do to own one again... In all honesty, the one I owned was very worst for wear. Oh well, maybe one day :-)

It is hard to believe that summer is almost over. School starts on Tuesday and my favorite little artist starts kindergarten. She is looking forward to taking the school bus and meeting her new teacher. We did the first time bus rider program on Thursday so I have a good idea of the route and am happy to know that there is an adult monitor on the bus. Oh, how different our days will be once school starts.

If all goes well, tomorrow, I will have a bunch of pictures to post. I have been busy working on my hand-painted greeting cards which I have nicknamed "The Littles". Reason being, the painted image is only 3"x4.5", small and sweet. As much fun as The Littles are to do, I am itching to do a large piece. Well, relatively speaking since my works are small to begin with but usually larger than 3"x4.5".

On a different note, I received a message about a possible job interview so please cross your fingers for me.

Well, that is all for now. Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment