Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome 2011

What a fantastic way to start off the new year...an entire morning spent drawing at the Garrison Art Center (GAC). If you have never been there, you should go. It is a lovely place and they run lots of great classes. My favorite is their Drawing and Painting from Life...no surprise there. Today, they had the most amazing model, Tanya. My pieces do not do her justice and I cannot wait to attend the next class she models for.

So today, I did not have work and I was on the fence about taking the almost hour drive to the GAC to take their life drawing class. But after getting my favorite little artist off to school and my hubby heading back to bed since he is fighting a cold, I got myself together and headed out. This is a non-instructional class which allows you to open up and be creative. There is really no agenda except your own. It starts out with quick draws, a minute a piece then two then five. Barely enough time to get a line drawn on the paper. But then you find you are warmed up and you move into 10 minute poses, then 15, then 20 and at last...25. Then...poof...class is over and you are left wanting more. It is a glorious way to spend 3 hours!

I cannot wait to go back! Aside from these pieces I have a number of lovely little gems just waiting to be turned into larger pieces.

Wishing you all a fabulous 2011 and happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment