Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back to Work

Today, was the first work day of the new year and I was so sad. Don't get me wrong, I like my job and the people I work with, in fact this is one of the nicest jobs I have had. But today I didn't want to work, I wanted to paint! After such a wonderful day of drawing at the GAC yesterday it was so hard to get back into reality. Even now, as I sit here and type...my eyes wonder to my sketchbook and my heart yearns to do just one quick drawing. But alas, I know that there is no such thing as one quick drawing so the dilemma becomes give into my craving to create or do what I need to do in order to be ready for the morning?? Well maybe one quick drawing, what could it hurt and besides you only live once.

Give into your creative urges and happy happy creating!

1 comment:

  1. I am so with you! When I am driving to and from work, I am itching to get to my computer and create. Then when I do get home, it is so busy with family life it's so hard to get back in the zone. But with the new year coming, we will all succeed!

    ReplyDelete