Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Excitement

My favorite little artist and I are once again in Lake Placid for Thanksgiving. We had a smooth drive up...no traffic and only two pit stops.

Last year, when we were up here the fire alarm went off in the hotel and we were evacuated until the fire marshall gave the all clear. This year, we once again got to see the firemen.

Our morning started out uneventful...we took a drive over to visit the Sugar Shack (totally yummy goodies, I highly recommend stopping there) then headed to my cousin #1's house. My favorite little artist and I headed in with my cousin #2's two girls in tow. No sooner did we have our shoes and coats off that my cousin #1 yelled "Everyone out of the house!" Out the door I pushed the three girls, no shoes and no coats, and to my car where they did put on their shoes and coats. Cousin #3 called 911 as cousin #1 called "the stove is on FIRE!"

By the time the firemen arrived the fire was out; however, they checked everything out to make sure that we wouldn't have any more issues. Let me tell you these firemen arrived fast but it was a small grease(?) fire that flared and fizzed out pretty quickly. Unfortunately though, not quite fast enough...it lasted just long enough to give my poor cousins #1 and #3 heart failure.

The rest of our day has been busy but uneventful. Now we are just relaxing until we get to eat and eat and eat. Thankfully, it was not the turkey that caught fire :-)

I am hoping to do a drawing or two while I am in Placid...it normally inspires me!

Happy Thanksgiving and happy creating!


No comments:

Post a Comment