Saturday, January 26, 2013

One year ago....

One year ago I was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer and my life was altered in a way I never expected. I don't think anyone can ever be prepared for a cancer diagnosis and for me it has taken months to wrap my head around it. But you quickly learn you are stronger then you think and God (or Godess or whatever higher being you trust in) never gives you more then you can handle.

So my post today is to share with all my loved ones and friends so they can share with all their loved ones and friends information on the symptoms of ovarian cancer since there are symptoms.

From Teal Ribbon Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation:


Symptoms are often vague and easily confused with other diseases. However, new studies indicate that ovarian cancer has recognizable symptoms, even early stages of the disease. Knowing those symptoms can help save women's lives. Early recognition of symptoms is the best way to save women's lives. Symptoms include:
  • Bloating or discomfort
  • Feeling of fullness
  • Frequent or urgent urination
  • Unexplained weight gain or loss
  • Menstrual disorders, pain during intercourse
  • Backaches
  • Abdominal pressure
  • Indigestion and Gas
  • Nausea
  • Constipation or diarrhea
  • Fatigue
  • Shortness of breath
Take action if any symptoms last more than 2-3 weeks. Early detection is key to saving women's lives If ovarian cancer is suspected, ask to see a gynecologic oncologist.

Please take care an be healthy and happy creating! And lots of art in 2013.




No comments:

Post a Comment